Fragrance Crystal Hotel is a budget hotel located in the middle of the red light district in Geylang area. It is around 30 minutes by taxi from the airport. They have three types of rooms:
- Superior: 12 sqm, 1 queen-size/2 single-size bed, shower
- Deluxe: 13 sqm, 1 queen-size/2 single-size bed, shower, mini fridge
- Superior family: 15 sqm, 1 Queen-size and 1 Single-size bed
- Free Wifi
- Cable TV
- Bathroom Amenities
- Telephone (Free Local Call)
- Complimentary Coffee/Tea
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Safe is available at the front desk
- Iron and Ironing Board is available upon request
Fragrance Crystal is only a 15 minute walk from the nearest MRT station called Aljunied, a 5 minute walk from bus station and also easy to find a taxi from the hotel. Many local restaurants and shops which are also a walking distance. The hotel has no restaurant or breakfast room but there are many choices outside.
I stayed in this hotel last December for 3 nights. To be honest, this was my first time to stay at the hotel in this area, so I did make a lot of searches about the hotel and reviews before decided to book the room via Agoda. I was traveling with another 3 friends stayed in this hotel, and thought this is Singapore, there should be no problem to stay in red light district area. My thought on this hotel:
- Inexpensive room rate, unless you make the booking last minutes and at high season period (as my experience).
- Easy access for public transportations.
- Easy to find restaurants, but mostly Chinese food.
- Location is in red light district area, so many massage parlors and adult shops in this particular area. Not recommended for any woman traveling solo or with children. It is safe, but not comfortable.
- Could not get rest in this hotel as it is very noisy. You could hear other guests talking in the hallway, or from other room, even in the middle of the night or very early morning. Based on review, people suggested to request a room at higher floor which is relatively more quiet. I got a room on the 4th floor and it is still noisy.
- No fridge, no wardrobe/closet.
Fragrance Crystal is value for money accommodation and has highly access public transportation. But, better to find another accommodation outside this area first. There are many affordable accommodation in Singapore. To me, I think this would be my first and last time to stay here.
I was staying in the hotel from 30 Dec 2016 – 2 Jan 2017. I booked via Agoda.com. I got the rate was USD 93 net/night, yes, it’s a little bit overpriced for room in that area, but it was peak season (end year) and I booked very last minute. I think in the normal season, the rate should be around USD 45 – 55 net per night. If you like to check the current rate, please click here. Or you may compare the rate with my other favorite hotel booking platform; Hotels.com.
The above link is an affiliate link. Agoda.com is my favorite site for finding great deals on hotels. I have been a member of this site since 2013 and never failed me. The best thing about this site is “PointsMAX”. It is new way to earn extra benefits, that means while you stay, you can earn points that will be converted to your favorite loyalty programs. So, when you register to Agoda, please make sure that you also register/link your loyalty program. Then, you can start earning miles on your next booking! See my detail review on “PointsMAX” here.
Fragrance Crystal Hotel
50 Lorong 18 Geylang, Singapore 398824
Phone: +65 6844 7888